Sunday, August 28, 2011

Orange stuffed chicken

I use to only buy chicken breasts, but have recently found that buying the whole chicken is much cheaper, and I am easily able to get two dinners out of it.

Tonight I roasted a whole chicken, stuffed with orange slices (about 2 oranges for a smaller bird) on top of a bed of onion. After cleaning the bird, shoved as many oranges I could get in there, then coated it with EVOO and sea salt. It took about 3 hours cooking at 350 degrees. The chicken came out wonderful, it had a slight taste and scent of orange.

I shredded half of the chicken with some somen noodles, and sweet and sour sauce. To go with the chicken, I also sauted some baby corn, red and orange bell pepper, and some asparagus in some EVOO.

 We have tried just about every sweet and sour sauce that can be sold in stores, and sometimes you just don't have the time to make your own. Our favorite is the Sun Luck brand, the jar is quite small so you will need two for a family of at least 4. It is an all natural sauce and super bonus it is gluten free.



No comments:

Post a Comment